If your student account shows a credit balance, you may be entitled to receive a refund.
Student Refund Options
Students have two options to receive their refunds:
- Electronic deposit to an Existing Bank Account
- Electronic deposit to a BankMobile Vibe Account
A refund preference must be selected with BankMobile. Please follow the instructions below to select your preference:
- Log in to PAWS.
- Under the My Bill Section, click the Refund Options link.
- Click on the BankMobile button to make your refund preference.
If you do not select either electronic refund method above, it may cause a delay in the delivery of your refund.
New Student Refunds
When a new student registers for classes at Georgia State University for the first time, they will receive a Refund Selection Kit in the mail. The personal code sent in the Refund Selection Kit is also sent to the student’s Georgia State email address. Students may also request a personal code by visiting refundselection.com.
If the parent has not elected to have the refund distributed to the student, parent refunds are mailed by check to the address provided on the parent loan application. Address changes must be submitted to and updated by the Financial Aid Office before the refund is processed.
Stop Payment Request (for checks issued by Georgia State University prior to BankMobile)
If your refund check is lost or damaged and you would like to request a replacement, please follow the steps below:
- Log in to PAWS at paws.gsu.edu
- Under the “My Bill Section”, click the “Refund Options link”.
- Click the “Student Accounts” tab in GoSOLAR.
- Click the “View Refund Status” link and follow the instructions at the top of the page.
- Select the check for which you’d like to have stopped by selecting Yes or No under Stop Payment option.
Credit Card Refunds
If your student account balance is paid with a credit card and you later have a credit balance due to you for the same term, your credit balance will be refunded first to the credit card used to make payment on your account up to the amount of the credit card payment made. Any additional credit balance due to you after the credit card refund has been processed will be refunded based on your refund preference by BankMobile.