Georgia State University offers a payroll deduction payment plan to assist graduate students who hold full time graduate assistantships. Students who are registered for 9 or more credit hours and employed by the university as graduate assistants are eligible to use their payroll checks as a method of paying mandatory fees, not covered by their tuition waiver. For legal reasons related to state law, mandatory insurance charges cannot be included in this plan and must be paid by the fee payment deadline.
To qualify for this payment option, you must be hired as a full time graduate assistant; be awarded a full time graduate assistant tuition waiver; cover the remaining $37.50 of tuition; have a student account balance of at least $300 after all financial aid has been applied, and receive monthly pay sufficient to cover the monthly payment amount.
Monthly payment dates will coincide with GSU payroll disbursements. To participate in this payment option, you must agree to allow GSU to automatically deduct monthly payments from your checking or savings bank account. Please allow up to 3 business days for the payment to be withdrawn from your bank. Verification will be made against your record to ensure that you have been awarded a full time graduate assistant tuition waiver; students who have not been awarded a full time graduate assistant tuition waiver are not eligible to use this payment option. This payroll deduction plan is only available for fall and spring terms.
Graduate Assistant Payroll Deduction Plan
Enrollment Dates: June 24, 2019 through September 3, 2019
- 1st Installment Due: September 30, 2019
- 2nd Installment Due: October 31, 2019
- 3rd Installment Due: November 29, 2019
Follow these instructions to enroll in the plan:
- Access PantherPay by logging into PAWS.
- Select the “Finances” tab.
- Select the “View/Pay Student Account” link from the “My Bill” box.
- Click the “PantherPay” button.
- When you are connected to PantherPay, select the “Payment Plans” menu option at the top of the page.
- Follow the prompts to enroll in the plan.