Master Promissory Note for Direct Loans
The Master Promissory Note is used by all schools and borrowers to simplify the loan application process for students. To sign the Master Promissory Note electronically, visit studentloans.gov and follow these steps:
- From the StudentLoans.gov home page, click on the “Undergraduate Students” tab.
- Use of another person’s FSA ID/Username constitutes fraud. Use only your own FSA ID/Username information.
- Select “Complete Loan Agreement for a Subsidized/Unsubsidized Loan (MPN).
- Have your FSA ID/Username and password available
- Select “Log in to Start”
- Enter FSA ID Username or E-Mail Address
- Log In and follow the instructions to complete, sign and submit your MPN.
Entrance and exit loan counseling is also done through studentloans.gov. Federal Direct Loan borrowers who are leaving school, dropping below half-time enrollment, or graduating must complete exit counseling. Exit counseling provides you with important information about repayment and your rights and responsibilities.
Master Promissory Note for Perkins and Berner Loans
- Upon acceptance of a Federal Perkins or Berner Loan, a first-time borrower must complete a Master Promissory Note (MPN).
- The student will receive an email within 48 hours from the Office of Student Accounts to complete the MPN by visiting the Student Financial Management Center located in Sparks Hall Suite 227 on the downtown Atlanta campus of Georgia State.
- The student MPN information for the Perkins/Berner Loan will be updated within 72 hours of completion and submission of the MPN.