The Realizing Educational Achievement Can Happen (REACH) Scholarship is awarded to students that successfully participated in the REACH program in a Georgia Public school. Students begin program participation in the 8th grade until high school graduation. Students that complete the program are identified as a REACH scholar.
For more information on the REACH Scholarship please visit GAfutures.org.
- $2,500 per year, up to four years
- $1,250 per semester or $834/833/833 per quarter
- REACH scholars awarded less than the maximum amount per semester or quarter may receive the remaining funds for an additional term not to exceed the maximum semester ($1250) or quarter ($834) amount.
A student is ineligible for the REACH Scholarship if the student:
- Has a combination of financial awards that exceed the total estimated cost of attendance; or
- Is not enrolled as a full-time student (12 credit hour course load) at the end of the drop/add period; or
- Does not activate the award within two years of high school graduation; or
- Does not use the award money within five years of award activation.
Students are required to complete the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) each year to qualify for the REACH Scholarship.
- Complete current year FAFSA
- Enroll full-time and maintain full-time status through the drop/add period
- Must be U.S. Citizen or an Eligible Non-Citizen
- Be classified as a Georgia resident according to University System of Georgia (USG) in-state tuition policy
- Be enrolled at a USG eligible postsecondary institution in matriculated status leading to a degree.
- Register with Selective Service (men only).
- Be in compliance with the Georgia Drug-Free Post secondary Education Act of 1990.
- Not be in default or owe a refund on a federal or state financial aid program.
- Not have a bachelor’s degree or higher.
- Maintain Satisfactory Academic Progress.
REACH Scholarship Application Deadlines
SUMMER SEMESTER: July 17
FALL SEMESTER: November 17
SPRING SEMESTER: April 15
Note: If additional information is required, it must be submitted within 15 days of request.
The Student Financial Management Center and the Offices of Student Accounts and Financial Aid are available to assist you despite the office physical closure. View Panther Answer to contact us.
Speak with Us
Student Financial Management Center is using Virtual Advising Appointments to assist students with questions regarding financial aid and student accounts. Please click below to schedule an appointment.