Waiver of Non-Resident Fees
Waivers are for students who do not meet the qualifications for a Georgia-resident status. However, the Board of Regents has defined situations whereby a student may still be eligible for in-state tuition and fees for a 12-month period.
These waivers cover the difference between in-state and out-of-state tuition and fees for 12 months. Students are not automatically classified as residents of the State of Georgia, and their waiver eligibility must be reviewed annually when eligible. Employment-related Visa holder students must present valid immigration documents with their application.
The following waivers are granted by Georgia State University and reviewed by the Tuition Classification Section of the Registrar’s Office:
- Career Consular Waiver
- Economic Advantage Waiver (for U.S. citizens and Permanent Residents moving to Georgia to accept full-time employment)
- Economic Advantage Waiver (for Non-citizens moving to Georgia to accept full-time employment)
- Non-Resident Student Waiver (Note: The ISSS Non-Resident Waiver is separate from this one and may have different deadlines.)
- Military Personnel Waiver
- Recently Separated Military Waiver
- Georgia National Guard and U.S. Reservist Waiver
- Full-time School Employee and University System Employee Waiver
Visit the Board of Regents Policies & Definitions page for more about the different types of waivers.
Superior/International Waivers and other merit-based waivers are not reviewed by the tuition classification group. Please see your individual school for more information on merit-based waivers.
|Fall Semester||June 1||August 1|
|Spring Semester||November 1||December 1|
|Summer Semester||March 1||May 1|
Petitions filed after the final deadlines listed above will be considered for the following semester. If a petition is approved, it will not be retroactive to prior semesters. Notification of the petition decision will be sent to the student’s Georgia State email. Submit your form with all supporting documentation at one time.
Mail or deliver the petition and supporting documents to:
The Office of the Registrar
225 Sparks Hall
P.O. Box 4017
Atlanta, Georgia 30302-4017
Submit via email in PDF format (petition and supporting documents) to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Faxed documents are not permitted.