Featured Scholarships for Transfer Students
Incoming transfer students whose residence is classified as out-of-state may apply for the Campus Atlanta Scholarship, which reduces tuition from out-of-state to in-state rates. Students are still required to pay in-state tuition. Please check the Campus Atlanta Scholarship description for current minimum academic requirements. The Office of Admissions will contact incoming transfer students that are eligible for a limited number of merit-based awards.
Alumni Association Transfer Student Scholarship
Georgia State University’s Alumni Association is currently offering the Alumni Association Transfer Student Scholarship. This scholarship is available to students transferring to Georgia State University from a community college or a junior college. Recipients must be in good academic standing at the transferring institution and have a minimum 3.0 GPA. Applications will open in July 2013. Log in to the Scholarship Application system with your campus ID and password to apply. Make sure to read all the criteria for applying and remember to upload your personal essay.
How do I apply?
- Once you are accepted to Georgia State, you will need to set up your campus ID and password.
- Next, click the Log In to Apply link to the right and log in with your campus ID and password.
- Next, click on the “view all scholarships” link.
- Check the appropriate button in the filter box on the right side of the page, and then click on the “search” button.
- Click on the link for each scholarship that you are interested in applying for.
- If the application cycle is open, once the individual scholarship page opens up, there will be an “apply” button at the bottom of the page. For most scholarships, there is a set of short answer questions and an essay to complete. If you are applying for multiple awards, you can copy and paste your answers. Please visit the Tips and Guidelines section for guidance on personal essays.
When can I start applying and when are the deadlines?
Please check individual scholarship descriptions for the application deadline dates. If no deadline date is listed, e-mail the scholarship contact listed.
Scholarships deadlines are important for staff to process and award students in a timely manner. Please do not send requests to be considered for scholarships after deadlines have passed.