Enrolled students are able to apply online for university-wide scholarships using their campus ID and password. The scholarship directory provides contact information for college and major specific scholarships. Links are provided to the websites of externally-funded scholarships. Please keep in mind that Georgia State University is not responsible for the criteria, funding, and application process for externally-funded scholarships.
Other resources outside of the Financial Aid Office may be awarded to a student to assist with college expenses. Other resources include any funding such as scholarships, grants, benefits, and/or loans that are awarded directly to a student by any university and/or non-university affiliates, businesses, organizations, groups or individuals. The Financial Aid Office is required to include other resources as part of a student’s financial aid package. Federal law mandates that the university’s Financial Aid Office cannot over award a student. The best practice is for students to inform the Financial Aid Office of any outside resources received.
Who can apply?
Currently enrolled and transfer students may apply for scholarships, but incoming students must be accepted to Georgia State University and have attended at least one semester to be eligible. Make sure to note scholarship deadlines and plan to apply for admission 4-6 weeks prior to scholarship deadlines.
Enrolled students are able to apply online using their campus ID and password.
How do I apply?
- Once you are accepted to Georgia State, you will need to set up your campus ID and password.
- Next, click the Log in to Apply link to the right of the Search for Scholarships page and log in with your campus ID and password.
- Next, click on the “view all scholarships” link.
- Check the appropriate button in the filter box on the right side of the page, and then click on the “search” button.
- Click on the link for each scholarship that you are interested in applying for.
- If the application cycle is open, once the individual scholarship page opens up, there will be an “apply” button at the bottom of the page. For most scholarships, there is a set of short answer questions and an essay to complete. If you are applying for multiple awards, you can copy and paste your answers. Please visit the Tips and Guidelines section for guidance on personal essays.
When can I start applying and when are the deadlines?
Please check individual scholarship descriptions for the application deadline dates. If no deadline date is listed, email the scholarship contact listed.
Scholarships deadlines are important for staff to process and award students in a timely manner. Please do not send requests to be considered for scholarships after deadlines have passed.