Atlanta Hawks Foundation Scholarship
The Atlanta Hawks Foundation Scholarship Fund provides a scholarship to support incoming first-year University students who reside in the state of Georgia and have been involved in community service during their high school years. Each year, one student will be selected to receive a scholarship of $2,500, renewable for up to four years, provided the student maintains full-time enrollment and at least a 2.8 Georgia State cumulative institutional GPA.
- $2,500/year, renewable for four years
- Academic support and advisement
- Career exploration activities and support
- Leadership workshops
- Service opportunities in the Atlanta community
Requirements for keeping the scholarship
- Maintain a minimum 2.8 cumulative GPA
- Maintain a full course load each semester of enrollment (12 or more credit hours)
- Attend the orientation session with current and incoming Hawks scholarship recipients at the beginning of each school year
- Meet twice a semester with an academic coach/professional staff member
- Maintain involvement in at least one activity in each of the following areas each year:
- Career Exploration
While it is not required, Hawks Scholarship recipients are strongly encouraged to join the Honors College, which will provide an additional support network and access to resources to facilitate college success.