The Goizueta Foundation Scholarship Opportunities
The Goizueta Foundation Scholars Fund awards at Georgia State are made possible by The Goizueta Foundation, established by Roberto C. Goizueta, the late CEO and chairman of the board of directors of The Coca-Cola Company. Two different scholarships are available which are designed to increase the number of students of Hispanic/Latino origin who enroll and complete their undergraduate degrees at Georgia State and provide mentors, internships, & community service experiences to these students so that they can become the leaders of the future.
|The Goizueta Foundation Scholars Fund||The Goizueta Foundation Leadership Pipeline Scholarship|
|1 – 2 awarded per year||25 to be awarded each year for 4 years|
|Application Deadline: March 6, 2015||Application Deadline: March 6, 2015|
Please note that you should apply for admission to Georgia State no later than February 6 (and preferably much earlier) to allow sufficient time to be admitted to the university. You must be admitted to Georgia State before you can apply for either of the Goizueta scholarships.
For both awards:
- Demonstrated leadership and service to the Hispanic/Latino community
- Must be a student applying as a freshman
- Must be of Hispanic/Latino heritage
- Must have completed FAFSA (Free Application for Federal Student Aid) by April 1
- Community Service
- Extracurricular, school and community-related activities/participation
- Financial Need
- High School GPA
- The Goizueta Foundation Scholarship Essay
- SAT or ACT scores
- Personal Resume
- Latino College Prep 101 (a day-long workshop which will take place prior to start of Fall semester)
- Participation in the Latino Studies Freshmen Learning Community
- Leadership and Community Service
- Participation in Leadership Development Workshops and Seminars
- Participation in the Latino Leadership Initiative
- Required Participation in the Goizueta Mentor Program
- Participation in Honors Colloquium
- Senior Capstone
How to Apply
Students can apply for both The Goizueta Foundation Scholars Fund Award and The Goizueta Foundation Latino Leadership Pipeline Award using the same application. To apply online, you must already be accepted to Georgia State University and have your student ID and password. After logging in, click on the “View All Scholarships” link and then enter “Latino Leadership” in the search filter. In addition to the application, a letter of recommendation and a resume must be submitted. Please see the application for details.
For more information, contact Greg Chisholm at email@example.com or the Office of Latino Student Services and Outreach (LASSO) at 404-413-2046.