Coca-Cola First Generation Scholarship
The Coca-Cola First Generation Scholars Fund provides scholarships for first generation college students. First generation students are defined as those applicants who have had neither a parent nor sibling attend college.
The top applicants will be interviewed in-person by the Coca-Cola Scholars Selection Committee made up of representatives from the Office of Undergraduate Studies and the Honors College.
Recipients will receive $5,000 per year, renewable for four years, dependent on maintaining a 3.0 GPA, full-time enrollment, and enrollment in a Freshman Learning Community their first semester. Additional support for adjusting to college life and professional development will also be made available.
- $5,000/year, renewable for four years
- Academic support and advisement
- Career exploration activities and support
- Financial aid and financial literacy workshops
- Leadership workshops
- Service opportunities in the Atlanta community
Requirements for keeping the scholarship
- Maintain a minimum 3.0 cumulative GPA
- Maintain a full course load each semester of enrollment (12 or more credit hours)
- Enroll in a Freshmen Learning Community and GSU 1010 course during fall semester of the freshman year
- Attend the orientation dinner with current and incoming Coca-Cola Scholarship recipients at the beginning of each school year
- Meet twice a semester with an academic coach/professional staff member
- Attend monthly meetings with all Coca-Cola Scholars
- Maintain involvement in at least one activity in each of the following areas each year:
- Career Exploration
- Financial literacy
- Participate in the interview process to identify next year’s Coca-Cola Scholars
- Complete a capstone project
While it is not required, Coca-Cola First Generation Scholarship recipients are strongly encouraged to join the Honors College, which will provide an additional support network and access to resources to facilitate college success.